This week’s photo prompt is provided by TJ Paris. Thank you TJ for our photo prompt!
“This is perfect for Erin. She’s creative, and aesthetics are important to her.”
I’m glad Mother choose this cathedral. She is right; I can’t stop staring.
Many considered her random and haphazard, but Mother carefully considered everything and everyone.
Dad’s favorite color is blue so she selected the indigo dress instead of her favorite yellow ensemble.
She loved sunflowers, but Grandmother considered them inappropriate for church service, so Mother ordered lilies.
Saturdays were family day so Mother waited until Sunday morning to take the pills.
The domed ceiling, alight with color, is a welcome distraction from Mother’s coffin.
Word count: 99
Guide for Flash Fiction for Aspiring Writers
1. A prompt photo will be provided each Tuesday to be used as a base to your story. Please include photo prompt with your story.
2. Linking for this challenge begins on Monday and runs to the following Monday evening.
3. Please credit photo to photographer
4. The story word limit is 100 – 150 words (+ – 25 words). Please try and stay within this limit.
5. Pingback to the challenge post in your story’s post.
6. This is a flash fiction challenge (stories in 100-175 words or less) and each story should have a beginning, a middle, and an end. Therefore, no serial (continuation) stories. They become too complicated for our readers.
7. Add your story to the InLinkz Link-up (Blue Froggy button). If you need link-up instructions, please email me at email@example.com.
8. Please keep your stories below R rating.
9. Please respect the diversity of our readers and writers in regard to race, religion and life style choices when writing your stories.
10. Remember, half the fun is reading and commenting on each other’s stories.