Since kindergarten, Damon and Miranda were best friends. She helped him overcome a learning disability to excel academically, and he protected her from the merciless teasing. All that changed in middle school. Damon was a gifted athlete with a bright future. As his star rose, Damon turned his back on his childhood friend, joining teammates that tormented Miranda because her family was dirt poor and her prospects bleak.
Years later, Damon was injured in a professional playoff game. He needed immediate surgery to correct temporary paralysis. The surgeon walked in and introduced herself, “Hello, Damon. I am Dr. Miranda Stephens.”
Moral: Treat Others the Way You Want to be Treated
This is my inaugural offering for Moral Mondays hosted by Nortina. The guidelines are as follows:
- This weekly flash fiction challenge asks you to write a 100-word fable inspired by the moral we provide.
- Your assignment is to write a story/fable (in any genre) that will teach this lesson.
- No need to use the moral in your post, just write the story and let your readers learn the lesson all on their own.
- Please limit your fable to 100 words.
- After you’ve written your 100-word fable, ping back to this prompt page by simply pasting this link somewhere on your post.
- Tag your story Moral Mondays so we can find you in the WordPress Reader! You can even use the badge to make your post more visible.
Come join the fun 😀